Reference # 2354
Neptec Design Group is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Orbital ATK, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications.
BASIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting Engineers and Technologists in the design, assembly and operation of optical and electronics products, test equipment and fixtures.
- Supporting ongoing design activities by producing or modifying existing engineering drawings
- Analysis (including FEA) of thermal and structural problems associated with electronics packaging and optical assemblies.
- Experimental investigation, verification and benchmarking product performance.
- Environmental testing including thermal cycling and vibration.
- Preparation of test reports.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Engineering Student, in Mechanical.
- Undergraduate level, 2nd or 3rd Year complete
- Ability to read, interpret, and prepare engineering drawings, schematics, and complex computer-generated analysis and reports.
- Ability to analyze and parse data, present results clearly and concisely, to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Experience with a recognized engineering CAD/CAM tool (Solidworks preferred)
- Self-motivated with exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, rapidly changing environment.
- Must be willing to work in a hands-on environment.
- Working knowledge of FEA techniques is an asset.
- Familiarity with other CAD packages including Pro Engineer (CREO) and AutoCAD is an asset.
- Positions are 8-12 Months in length
- Must be able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II)
Our co-op students are integral members of our team and work side by side experienced staff learning about the industry, our technology and helping to solve tough, critical problems. We take pride in the learning opportunities we provide and we are thrilled to see many students return to Neptec after graduation to start their careers.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
If so, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the following reference number:
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec will provide accommodation for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations needs to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Let others know about this great opportunity: