Product Assurance Specialist
Reference # 2346
Neptec Design Group is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Orbital ATK, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications.
Reporting to the Director of Quality, the Product Assurance Specialist is an integral part of the team, and is responsible for ensuring the highest possible quality for Neptec projects.
BASIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and evaluating the company Quality system meeting ISO 9001 standards; including scheduling and performing quality audits, initiating corrective actions; investigating product failures and more,
- Preparation of Quality Assurance Plans and EEE parts control plans and implementing project quality requirements to ensure customer requirements are met,
- Review and approval of product electrical and mechanical requirements and design drawings/documents, analysis, test plans/procedures/reports and performance of inspections/test witnessing for assessing Neptec products and deliverables ensuring customer requirements are met,
- Working in conjunction with others to create, implement, evaluate and adjust company’s quality policies, standards, and procedures. This includes working with process owners to establish programs and improve compliance with Quality Standards,
- Determining, reviewing and approving supplier’s performance as per required specifications and conduct of supplier audits,
- Developing and maintaining QA standards relating to processes and products,
- Maintaining systems to measure performance against established standards,
- Implementing approved sampling, reporting and data analysis as required,
- Participating in customer and supplier meetings,
- Communicating with and providing direction to project teams on quality issues on a regular basis, and proactively assist in resolving issues as they relate to quality,
- Managing regulatory compliance requirements,
- Providing input to requests for proposals on quality related points,
- Developing and delivering quality training as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- A degree from a recognized university in Engineering,
- 3-5 year’s related experience,
- Strong knowledge of quality system principles and practices including knowledge of ISO 9001 or AS9100,
- Knowledge of military and aerospace quality standards
- Familiar with engineering concepts and practices including electrical, optical and mechanical design and verification,
- Familiar with workmanship requirements (IPC) for PWB design and fabrication, circuit card assembly, harness assembly and ESD,
- Familiar with EEE parts quality and radiation requirements as well as Alert processing,
- Familiar with laser development and laser safety requirements,
- Experience in project management,
- Experience writing proposals,
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and configuration control software,
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written,
- Capable of working well individually as well as part of a team,
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain up to date and accurate records.
- Must be able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II)
- Knowledge of military and aerospace quality standards including those of NASA and ESA,
- Knowledge of other workmanship requirements such as NASA and ESA.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
If so, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the following reference number:
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec will provide accommodation for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations needs to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.