Reference # 2385
Neptec Design Group, recently acquired by MDA Canada, is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Northrop Grumman, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications. We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Kanata, ON.
At Neptec, the Electrical Engineer designs, develops and implements electronic systems or sub-systems containing multiple integrated circuits, discrete components and printed circuit boards. Destined to fly in space, reliability of the designs are critical to the success of our mission. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for interpreting application requirements and sources, selects components and ensures correct interoperability between selected components at both the electrical and functional levels. The Electrical Engineer is required to test and debug designs once prototypes are built, and create required design documentation. The Electrical Engineer may be required to handle mechanical issues of connectors, PCB form factors, heat dissipation and/or regulatory compliance.
BASIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently applies engineering principles to moderately complex or contributes to complex projects relating to the design of products or tools.
- May be assigned problems of a diverse scope where independent studies, analyses, interpretations and conclusions are made.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined policies when selecting methods and techniques to achieve desired solutions.
- Work is not generally supervised in detail and amount of supervision varies depending upon assignment.
- Performs circuit card level design and testing for both analog and digital circuit cards.
- Prepares and maintains design documentation including:
- Circuit card design specifications,
- Board-level test procedures and reports,
- System test procedures and reports,
- Engineering change notices.
- Conducts and documents engineering performance and budget analysis (Derating Analysis, FMECA, Worst case analysis).
- Conducts and documents investigations of hardware anomalies and failures.
- Gives technical guidance to less experienced staff.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-6 years related experience.
- Analog and digital design background including experience with:
- Power supply design,
- Schematic capture, board layout, timing analysis and signal integrity analysis.
- Capable of working under pressure to meet time critical deadlines.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills, initiative, superior problem solving skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and willingness to learn and adapt.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Familiarity with formal configuration control methods.
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
- Familiarity with radiation analysis and EEE-INST-002.
- Design for EMI/EMC compliance.
- Knowledge of FPGA design.
- Custom power supply design.
- Design experience for the military or space industry.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
If so, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the following reference number:
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. In accordance with the guidelines established under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Let others know about this great opportunity: