Reference # 2391
Neptec Design Group, recently acquired by MDA Canada, is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Northrop Grumman, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications. We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Kanata, ON.
The Electrical Engineer designs, develops and implements electronic systems or sub-systems comprising multiple integrated circuits, discrete components and printed circuit boards. Interprets application requirements, sources and selects components, ensures correct interoperability between selected components at both the electrical and functional levels. Generally required to test and debug designs once prototypes are built, and create required design documentation. May be required to handle mechanical issues of connectors, PCB form factors, heat dissipation and/or regulatory compliance. May also include FPGA design and some low-level software development to test boards in lab environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently applies engineering principles to complex projects relating to the design of products or tools.
- May be required to assist on problems of diverse scope where independent studies, analyses, interpretations and conclusions are made.
- Performs circuit card level design and testing for both analog and digital circuit cards.
- Prepares and maintains design documentation including:
- Circuit card design specifications,
- Board-level test procedures and reports,
- System test procedures and reports,
- Engineering change notices.
- Derating analysis, worst case analysis, FMECA, reliability analysis.
- Conducts and documents engineering performance and budget analysis.
- Conducts and documents investigations of hardware anomalies and failures.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced staff.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5-10 years related experience.
- Analog and digital design experience (requirements definition, schematic capture, design analysis, board layout, integration in lab, qualification testing).
- Schematic capture, board layout and signal integrity analysis.
- Capable of working under pressure to meet time critical deadlines.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills, initiative, superior problem solving skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and willingness to learn and adapt.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Familiarity with formal configuration control methods.
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
- Familiarity with radiation analysis and EEE-INST-002,
- Design for EMI/EMC compliance,
- Knowledge of FPGA design,
- Custom power supply design,
- Design experience for the military or space industry.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
If so, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the following reference number:
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. In accordance with the guidelines established under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Let others know about this great opportunity: