Human Resources Business Partner
Reference # 2395
Neptec Design Group, recently acquired by MDA Canada, is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Northrop Grumman, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications. We are currently looking for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to join our team in Kanata, ON for a one year maternity leave contract. The HRBP provides professional, business value focused HR guidance and support to multiple lines of businesses within MDA Canada (Ottawa, Gatineau & Halifax).
- Collaborate with others to identify short and long term resource needs,
- Responsible for full recruitment cycle including development of recruitment strategies to attract new talent, preparing job postings, posting to relevant job boards and networks, screening applicants, recommending candidates to management, interviewing, negotiating compensation packages and finally presenting employment offers to successful candidates,
- Develop effective onboarding program(s) to ensure new employees transition into company and role successfully,
- Ensure HR services are provided appropriately to internal client needs and identify new value added opportunities,
- Maintain close contact with management group to work towards common goals,
- Execute on the HR plan including development and management of programs that support recruitment, succession planning, compensation, benefits, retention, and engagement.
- Facilitate strong employee relations and employment practices in order to create a positive, ethical and effective work environment,
- Understand employee’s opinions and monitor the effects of business decisions on people and advise management on addressing employee concerns,
- Create and maintain all human resources policies and procedures. Recommend best practices and ensure compliance with Employment Standards, the Human Rights Code, and other applicable legislation,
- Deliver training/communication sessions for employees and managers with respect to company programs, policies, or processes,
- Administer all benefit plans (Health/Dental, Pension, Sick & Disability Program) and propose changes to maintain market competitiveness and cost efficiency,
- Provide highly confidential consultation to employees and managers on employment issues to promote resolution,
- Implement, administer and monitor annual employee development and performance management process,
- Provide advice on termination practices/requirements and implement changes as required,
- Oversee and implement employee engagement initiatives, including staff survey, years of service program, and social committee activities,
- Participate in annual compensation reviews and provide guidance to managers on adjustments,
- Prepare reports (headcount, recruitment, etc.) for corporate.
- Provide formal guidance to assigned staff (administrative and marketing personnel)
- Leadership of teams include:
- Developing plans,
- Assigning and monitoring individual objectives and reporting on their progress,
- Providing feedback to staff on their performance through the performance management process,
- Recommending broader procedural changes to improve effectiveness of the group.
- Marketing – Provide strategic and operational direction to internal marketing team,
- Company Security Officer,
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Chair – Employer representative,
- Back up reception coverage.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Generally requires a College/University degree in Human Resources or Business Administration,
- 5-8 years’ experience in a human resources generalist capacity,
- Strong Computer skills including, Word, Outlook, Excel,
- Able to successfully manage multiple priorities,
- Understanding of basic compensation theories and practices,
- Ability to listen and fosters open communication throughout the business,
- Able to identify, support and champion opportunities for change and continuous improvement,
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills,
- Personable individual who is able to build professional relationships across the organization, enabling a high degree of teamwork,
- Strong customer service orientation,
- Able to obtain secret level II clearance.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
If so, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the following reference number:
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. In accordance with the guidelines established under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Let others know about this great opportunity: