Inventory Control Specialist
Reference # 2358
Neptec Design Group is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Orbital ATK, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications.
The successful candidate will manage the receipt of all deliveries and manage internal inventory and Stores. The candidate will be proactive, have excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Loading/unloading and verification of incoming shipments or inventory transfers,
- Sorting and delivering incoming shipments,
- Assures receipt of proper/expected documentation for all inbound deliveries,
- Resolving customs documentation issues for in and out bound orders,
- Interfacing with operational and technical groups to achieve deadlines,
- Maintains and screens Safety Data Sheets (SDS),
- Contributes to the development of standard operation procedures,
- Supports internal and external audit requests,
- Recommends and implements ideas for improvements to quality and workflow for improved efficiency,
- Inventory Control,
- Kit up, Shop Traveller preparation and Work Order processing,
- Support to manufacturing,
- Placing orders for overhead and project material & service requirements,
- Documentation filing,
- May be involved in shipping of finished product.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- College Diploma and/or equivalent combination of relevant job experience and training,
- 1-3 years of experience,
- Working knowledge of MRP/ERP,
- Previous manufacturing environment experience,
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to follow up on requests,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Proficiency in MS Office applications,
- Comfortable handling parts and hardware,
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work with minimum supervision,
- On-time, persistent delivery focused attitude,
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
- Previous experience in shipping an asset.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
If so, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the following reference number:
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec will provide accommodation for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations needs to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Let others know about this great opportunity: