IT Support Specialist
Reference # 2393
Neptec Design Group, recently acquired by MDA Canada, is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Northrop Grumman, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications. We are currently looking for an IT Support Specialist to join our team in Kanata, ON for a 6-8 month contract.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide end user support and technical issue resolution via e-mail, phone and other means,
- Provide installation, configuration and support of desktop/laptop hardware, operating systems, office and engineering applications, and networking hardware, and phone system (PBX),
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues, determining root cause and resolving to prevent recurrence,
- Troubleshoot Internet and Intranet access problems,
- Assists with systems administration, data availability (including backups) and data access,
- Responds to product/service related inquiries of a technical nature including application availability, licensing, etc.
- Assist and advise internal clients within all functional areas of the company,
- May monitor and administer defined system performance, capacity and/or security protocols and identify issues,
- Performs routine troubleshooting and elevates unusual or complex problems to appropriate group for investigation and resolution,
- Working closely with the shared services team (ESS) to support various IT initiatives,
- Responsibility for server backups and restores,
- Will require periodic travel to various Ottawa locations to provide support to local MDA sites.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- College Diploma (or working towards) Information and Communication Technology,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English,
- 2-3 Years of experience with computers and system environments,
- Self-motivated to learn new things and ready to lend a helping hand,
- Demonstrated experience supporting Windows operating systems,
- Capable of supporting both local and remote users,
- Experience and/or understanding of network troubleshooting,
- Experience managing and troubleshooting printers,
- Passion for providing high quality service and support,
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced changing environment,
- Must be able to lift and transfer monitors and desktop systems as required,
- Ability to work independently to problem solve and seek out efficiencies and improvements,
- Propensity to stay calm and reasonable under pressure,
- Intellectually curious with a focus on learning and creativity when analyzing a problem,
- Well-organized and able to work under deadlines and multiple projects,
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
If so, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com quoting the following reference number:
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. In accordance with the guidelines established under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Let others know about this great opportunity: