Junior FPGA Developer
Reference # 2357
Neptec Design Group is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Orbital ATK, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications.
- Manage, implement, and maintain all aspects of a wide range of FPGA applications,
- Work with analysts, board designers and other FPGA designers to design new FPGA-based solutions,
- Design and implement verification test infrastructure,
- Assist with bring-up and debug of hardware projects,
- Work with software engineers to assist with system level integration,
- Evaluate new FPGA platforms and related hardware,
- Document all aspect of the design,
- Support and defend design during formal design reviews.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, MASC an Asset,
- 1-3 years of relevant experience,
- Digital design background including exposure to FPGA implementation, design and verification using Verilog and System Verilog,
- Experience with Digital design simulation tools,
- Experience performing board level testing using logic analyzers and oscilloscopes,
- Proven track record as a fast learner, able to multi-task and quickly become productive adapting existing designs,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
- Aerospace/military, image processing, and radiation tolerant design experience,
- Experience with Python programming language,
- Experience with all steps of the design flow with tools from Microsemi and Xilinx,
- Aerospace/military, image processing, and radiation tolerant design experience.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
If so, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the following reference number:
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec will provide accommodation for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations needs to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Let others know about this great opportunity: