Software Developer- Junior
Reference # 2389
Neptec Design Group, recently acquired by MDA Canada, is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Northrop Grumman, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications. We are currently looking for a Junior Software Developer to join our team in Kanata, ON.
The Junior Software Developer designs, develops and implements application or embedded software for products. May be required to conduct verification on own designs. Prepares appropriate software documentation including requirements specifications, software design documents, interface and database design documents. Common areas of knowledge include: user interface design, real time operating systems, microprocessors and DSPs.
The Junior Software Developer may be required to apply verification theories and principles to design and implement verification models, including: structured, unstructured, and white box testing, developing test cases, isolating, duplicating, and resolving problems, monitoring quality of products while testing, developing test cases, providing input into the verification test planning, test configurations, technical problem resolution.
BASIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Has full autonomy to independently deliver on assigned tasks.
- Applies mature software engineering knowledge to large and/or complex projects in the design of products or tools.
- Depending on the difficulty of assigned problems, may require modification of established techniques and methods, and develop new approaches to reach a solution.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to achieve desired results.
- Performs requirements analyses and prepares software specifications.
- Develops software architectural designs.
- Prepares software design and test documentation.
- Designs, codes and tests software.
- Participates in software and systems integration testing activities.
- Interfaces with customers during requirements definition and design review activities.
- Participates in technical meetings with customers.
- Collaborates with other engineering/project team disciplines.
- Applies very broad or highly specialized software engineering knowledge to conducting specific independent research into highly complex software problems.
- Serves as recognized technical authority for the software engineering discipline, providing advice on specific aspects of design projects.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc. or equivalent in computer science, math, engineering, or physics.
- MSc is an asset.
- 1-2 years of experience in software development.
- Experience with C/C++ programming languages.
- Experience with Python is an asset.
- Experience with MATLAB is an asset.
- Experience with Robotics Operating System (ROS) is an asset.
- Experience in all phases of software development lifecycle.
- Familiar with military and/or commercial software development standards.
- Have a proven track record as a fast learner, able to quickly become productive adapting an existing design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
- Experience with Java.
- Experience with Eclipse and Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF).
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
If so, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the following reference number:
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. In accordance with the guidelines established under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Let others know about this great opportunity: