Quality Assurance Specialist
Reference # 2359
Neptec Design Group is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Orbital ATK, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications.
Reporting to the Director of Quality, the QA Specialist will ensure incoming mechanical and electrical components meet Neptec quality standards. The QA specialist will liaise with Engineering and others to recommend and drive quality improvements as needed. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform mechanical and electrical component and assembly inspections for receiving, in-process and final,
- Review and approval of mechanical and electrical drawings, documents and ECNs,
- Test witnessing for Acceptance and Formal Qualification Tests,
- Review and approval of Purchase Orders and Work Orders,
- Maintenance of company test equipment calibration records,
- Support to non-conformance investigations and material review boards with customer,
- Maintenance of quarantine and limited shelf life materials,
- Verification of ESD requirements,
- Conduct vendor source inspections and audits.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Diploma or Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering,
• 3-5 years of relevant experience,
• Experience with Military and NASA specifications for the development and manufacture of flight qualified equipment,
• Experience with mechanical and electrical inspection of avionics and space flight equipment,
• Experience with IPC and NASA workmanship standards for PWBs, soldering, surface mount technology, cables and harnesses, ESD and conformal coating,
• Experience in the administration of ISO 9001 requirements for internal and external customers and suppliers (processes, procedures audits),
• Software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
• Strong team player with results oriented approach and high degree of self-motivation,
• Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
- IPC Workmanship Certification,
- NASA Workmanship Certification.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
If so, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com quoting the following reference number:
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec will provide accommodation for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations needs to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Let others know about this great opportunity: