Reference # 2388
Neptec Design Group, recently acquired by MDA Canada, is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Northrop Grumman, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications. We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team in Kanata, ON.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for liaising with project managers to steer projects forward and achieve success. The Systems Engineer will lead the definition of the systems architecture, specifications and working parameters for hardware and software compatibility, and will co-ordinate the development of subsystems and support the integration in the total system.
BASIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applying engineering knowledge to large and/or complex projects in the design, development, test and integration of complex, specialized products and/or technologies,
- Collaborating with Project Managers and project team members to develop system level requirements and translate those into specific requirements for product development,
- Supporting the development of system architecture and system design documentation,
- Tracking of project requirements and ensuring requirements are being validated and/or verified throughout the project lifecycle,
- Providing technical oversight and review support to development groups during product design and development,
- Developing test procedures for verification and validation of system requirements,
- Coordinating and supporting integration and testing activities,
- Preparation of supporting documentation throughout all phases of a project including operational procedures, test procedures, test records and test results,
- Supporting investigations and troubleshooting of system-level issues as they arise,
- Working with Project Managers to ensure project schedules and budgets are maintained while accomplishing project deliverables.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/MS in Engineering or equivalent,
- 5+ years related experience,
- 5+ years experience working in a technical capacity,
- Knowledge and experience in the design, analysis, integration and/or test of mission critical hardware,
- Experience with design, development, engineering analysis, integration, and test,
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.), including MS Project and MS Visio,
- Experience working with customers, subcontractors and vendors in various levels, technical and business relationship engagements,
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills, initiative, superior problem solving skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and willingness to learn and adapt,
- Experienced with project management practices,
- Deadline oriented with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently,
- Capable of working under pressure to meet time critical deadlines,
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
If so, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com quoting the following reference number:
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. In accordance with the guidelines established under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Let others know about this great opportunity: