Technical Project Manager
Reference # 2390
Neptec Design Group, recently acquired by MDA Canada, is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Northrop Grumman, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications. We are currently looking for an Technical Project Manager to join our team in Kanata, ON.
The Technical Project Manager serves as an engineering and management focal point, providing engineering leadership, project planning, execution, timing, resource planning, and risk and cost management services. The manager will motivate the project team and ensure project deliverables and schedules are met. Typical duties include but are not limited to:
BASIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Formulate and manage project plans, from inception through to completion of the project,
• Accountable for the cost, scheduling and performance of the project to ensure projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget,
• Act as primary customer contact for the project and lead project activities including leading review sessions with customer to discuss costs, scheduling and project performance,
• Ensure compliance to relevant processes and policies and/or regulations,
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks,
• Recognize and resolve conflict within the project team,
• Assess project issues and developing resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer needs and eliminating barriers to success,
• Act as liaison between program management, ensuring all stakeholders are provided with timely and accurate project information and status updates,
• Facilitate project meetings,
• Provide support in the preparation of proposals and bids,
• Develops system and operational concepts for new or existing products. Prepares reports documenting results of these activities,
• Collaborates with customers and lead engineering project teams to develop architectures, requirements and specifications for new systems,
• Lead multidisciplinary engineering activities from requirements development to development and testing,
• Supports investigations and troubleshooting of system problems and issues,
• Other related duties as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/MS in Engineering or equivalent,
- 5-10 years related project management experience,
- 5-10 years’ experience working in a technical capacity,
- Project management knowledge and experience,
- Fully capable with Project Management tools and techniques for both timeline and resource management (i.e. Microsoft Project),
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.),
- Experience working with vendor partners in various levels of technical and business relationship engagement,
- Knowledge and experience in the development, design, analysis, integration and test of mission critical hardware,
- Experience with systems level engineering,
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,
- Superior problem solving skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and willingness to learn and adapt to changing demands,
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects,
- Capable of working under pressure to meet time critical deadlines.
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
- Project Management Certification (PMP) or working towards,
- Experience in aerospace industry working with customers such as the Canadian Space Agency, NASA and ESA,
- Experience working with space flight programs,
- Strong technical expertise in multiple fields of engineering.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
If so, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com quoting the following reference number:
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. In accordance with the guidelines established under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Let others know about this great opportunity: