Vision Systems Engineer, Junior
Reference # 2355
Neptec Design Group is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Orbital ATK, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications.
Neptec Design Group is looking for a Junior Vision System Engineer to participate in the development of next generation 2D & 3D vision systems for Space exploration applications. The candidate must be experienced with state of the art techniques used in 2D and 3D computer vision. The candidate will also be experienced with software development, optics, data analysis and lab work.
BASIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, prototype and characterize 2D/3D data processing and machine vision algorithms.
- Design, implement and document 3D vision system software in C/C++ on Windows and embedded processing platforms.
- Interface with hardware including cameras, 3D sensors, motion sensors and robotics.
- Design and perform tests to characterize the performance of vision systems against customer requirements.
- Support flight system testing, integration and mission operations.
- Document and present work done to management, customers and at other venues (like conferences).
- Assist with ongoing development and maintenance of, and adherence to, Software Development standards and processes.
- Plan, estimate, track, and communicate project status with regards to time, content, performance, and quality.
- The position involves enhancement of current system capabilities and creation of new capabilities.
- The position may require travel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Degree in Computer, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with specialty in computer vision or image processing. Related degrees may also be considered.
- 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Experience in design, implementation and characterization of computer vision systems (especially 3D), either through graduate studies or industry work.
- Familiar with Object Oriented software design and development in C++.
- Experience in 3D visualization software design, either with OpenGL or DirectX.
- Familiarity with 2D/3D machine vision concepts and algorithms.
- Knowledge of technologies and techniques used in 3D sensing.
- Knowledge of data analysis (e.g. Matlab) and computer vision software (e.g. OpenCV).
- Strong math skills with good knowledge of kinematics.
- Self-motivated with exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, rapidly changing environment.
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
- Experience in the Aerospace sector.
- Knowledge of optics and optics design.
- Familiarity with MFC and/or QT development.
- Familiarity with Python.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
If so, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com quoting the following reference number:
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec will provide accommodation for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations needs to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Let others know about this great opportunity: