Vision Systems Engineer
Reference # 2394
Neptec Design Group, recently acquired by MDA Canada, is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Northrop Grumman, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications. We are currently looking for a Vision Systems Engineer to join our team in Kanata, ON.
The Vision Systems Engineer provides support to the design, integration, test and operation of vision-based products developed by Neptec. The Vision Systems Engineer develops models and simulations to help define the system performance criteria and characterize and analyze performance of the vision related functions of the systems. The Vision Systems Engineer will develop complex 2D and 3D algorithms used for the implementation of system functions and analysis of test and operational data. The Vision System Engineer will also develop test procedures used to validate performance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently applies engineering principles to moderately complex or contributes to complex projects relating to the design of products or tools,
- May be assigned problems of diverse scope where independent studies, analyses, interpretations and conclusions are made,
- Exercises judgment within generally defined policies when selecting methods and techniques to achieve desired solutions,
- Work is not generally supervised in detail and amount of supervision varies depending upon assignment,
- Designs, prototypes and develops 2D and 3D data processing vision algorithms,
- Designs and performs tests to evaluate the performance of vision systems,
- Interface with hardware including cameras, 3D sensors, motion sensors and robotics,
- Prepares documents detailing analysis of test results,
- Gives technical guidance to less experienced staff,
- Supports management by liaising with subcontractors, vendors and/or customers to ensure ongoing business requirements are met,
- May be required to support management through participation in developing plans, monitoring and updating objectives and coordinating staff and other resources to meet project objectives.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or Science,
- Master’s Degree in Vision Systems an asset,
- Experience with 3D machine vision concepts and algorithms,
- Experience in design, implementation and characterization of machine vision systems,
- Experience with technologies and techniques used in 3D sensing,
- Strong math skills,
- Experience in C/C++ programming and knowledge of MatLab and the Image Processing Toolbox,
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
- Experience with Python programming,
- Experience with OpenCV,
- Experience with PCL.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
If so, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the following reference number:
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Neptec welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. In accordance with the guidelines established under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Let others know about this great opportunity: